Each year millions of Americans move to a new home or business location. Even the most organized person may not remember every detail of their move, with all the packing and stress, remembering every single item can be a huge challenge. Two Men West Valley suggests adding the following ten items to your moving list.
1. For long distance moves, obtain copies of your family’s medical records, including any dental and vaccine/immunization information, as well as veterinary records for the family pets. In some cases a notarized letter is required to receive official documentation. You might also consider transferring current prescriptions to a drug store in your new town.
2. Remember valuables that you may have hid around the house before leaving. Personally carry all valuable items such as jewelry with you or keep them in some type of safe.
3. Make sure you have all important phone numbers. Make sure you have your phone charger to charge your phone. Just to be on the safe side it’s better to have a copy of emergency contacts.
4. Remember to collect all the items that are being cleaned, stored or repaired.
5. Keep your new address handy in your wallet or purse so you don't forget.
6. Remember to leave out cleaning supplies for the final once over or make arrangements in advance for a service to clean your former home.
7. Many people often forget to take the garage door opener out of their car before leaving. Remember to leave the new opener for the new residents.
8. Moving companies cannot transport animals or plants. Plan ahead and make sure your pets are all taken care of.
9. It’s wise to open a bank account in your new town if they do not have a branch with your former bank.
10. Remember to gather all the spare keys to the old house so the new residents have all the keys.
Add these tips to your to-do-list during your move and we guarantee this will help eliminate any remaining stresses you may have. If you need additional assistance, please contact Two Men West Valley and one of our professionally trained staff members will be happy to assist you.